Sunday, March 28, 2010

Like father like pup.......

So tonight I realized that Jones is alot like JCB. On two occasions today, Jones was taking a nap in my lap, you know, the hard life of a puppy. Anyways, so the first time as I was sitting watching tv Jones was dead asleep and I started to notice him twitching. Not just little movements, I mean huge kicking and wiggling. It was the cutest thing ever. When JCB is about to fall asleep, his legs do the same thing.....it's kinda funny because sometimes he kicks so big that he wakes him self up. Makes me giggle. The other way Jones reminded me of the hubby is, tonight when he was falling asleep, he was "rudely" awakened when I sneezed. But it wasn't just a little wake up, again, it was so dramatized.....he jumped up and started looking around frantically like some one had been shot and he needed to see what was going on. A couple of nights ago, JCB did the same thing when my phone received a text message and it vibrated on the night stand......I swear I almost pee my pants multiple times just because they are so funny! I love both the men in my life. Ok, one is only 2 and half months old, but it still counts.

Update on the potty training......still a no go on no accidents........ It is back down to only once a day since the inlaws left, but still....once a day...I just don't get it. He knows that when he is good and he potty's out side he gets a treat but when he potty's inside I beat the poo out of him......and labs are supposed to be smart dogs.......we will see about that.

His lack of potty training abilities, might have something to do with the fact that I have been keeping myself busy since JCB is in the field but what else am I supposed to do? Just sit around and think about the fact the my husband is not coming home for a couple more days and I have to sleep alone AGAIN tonight??? Not going to happen. Next week will hopefully be better for the both of us...I can pay more attention to him and he will pee in the yard that normal dogs do....hopefully.

Speaking of the hubby being gone for a couple more days, I was surprised with a phone call and a facebook chat by him today. It was great. Poor thing is so tired, I could just hear it in his voice. I am so proud of him though. He is such an amazing fella. I am totally more blessed than I should be.

That last sentence didn't sound all that put together for me, so I think this is it for me today......off to bed to get a good, hopefully, nights rest so I can work hard tomorrow.

Til next time
HDB

No comments: