Wednesday, September 1, 2010

8 months

Today is the 8 month anniversary of the day JCB and I said "I do!" Now, normally, if he were here, we would celebrate by having a really nice dinner and then spend some quality time together sitting on the couch or walking the dog. However, since my handsome hubby is an ocean away, this is how I will be celebrating the day.

~Walk/run with the dog
~Babysit some crazy kids for a couple of hours
~Talk to JCB on the phone for 28 mins
~Eat some dinner (probably a frozen pizza or pre-made BBQ Chicken)
~Clean the bathrooms
~Clean the kitchen
~Watch a little TV
~Write in the journal
~Go to bed before 10:30

Sounds delightful, yes?! I can't really complain that much. Talking to JCB on the phone whether it is for 30 minutes or 3, really is the highlight of my day. Of course, it doesn't happen every day, but when it does, it makes me smile.

So what have I don't the last 50 days that he has been gone (I only know the number of days because of my journal!)? Well, having a house that still needs to be made "your own" helps a lot! I have finished painting all the rooms, including the dreaded guest bathroom that had floor to ceiling wall paper that had to be torn down before hand and took 7 hours to do so. I have completed JCB's office witha wall devoted to his world traveling. My wonderful father came last week to hang 2 ceiling fans, fix one that was already here, hang 4 lights, unclog a bathroom sink and shower head, fix the light out side, and teach me how to weed eat the yard. Whew......I think that's all of it. See what I mean when I say wonderful father!!!!

In the past week I have taken up running out side twice a day. It has been at least 5 years since I have had a runners body (high school) and man o man is it killing me. Marriage really does get you out of shape, and it does it fast. Needless to say, I have felt no difference other than really sore legs. Jones is loving getting outside though.

So, not to drag on and on but that is what I have been up to the last couple of weeks. Staying busy and not letting my self dwell on the poop! If you know what I mean! Oh and since it's no fun reading a blog without a photo, please enjoy the photo of Jones right after his bath yesterday!



Til next time
HDB

No comments: