Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Single and married all at once

So it finally happened. JCB is gone, off to war, for a year. What am I supposed to do?! So far today is day 2 and this is what I've done.....

-Cry
-Sulk
-Watch TV
-Check Facebook a million times
-Trip to PetSmart for Jones
-One load of laundry(half way done)

That's about it. Is the next year of my life going to be this depressing? I sure hope not. I wouldn't even want to be my friend if I were like that. So this is what I intend to do about it.

-Going to my parents this weekend for a visit
-Bake some yummy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
-Clean my entire house(leading up to deployment, I got really really lazy)
-Work part time
-Maybe finish my degree

Anyone have any other ideas?!

It just seems so weird right now. Kind of like JCB isn't gone, but at work. I can deal with that....until it gets about 7pm and then what? Most people come home from work by then. Not my husband though. He is gone. Gone to a foreign country to fight for our freedom. To protect us over here so we can go to the movies and not worry about anything. So we can go to the pool or the beach this weekend without having to look over our shoulder and wonder if a car bomb or something like that is going to go off and end our life. I'd have to say that is a wonderful feeling.....don't you agree?

So all I have to say is, my husband is AMAZING and I LOVE him with all my heart. My heart that is partially broken right now. But all I can do about it is pray that my heavenly father will look after him and keep him safe. Bring him back home to me in one piece. It's kind of amazing how easy it is to get into a routine when you have someone to take care of and live with as one, and how easily everything is turned upside down when that person leaves.

So for now, I pray. Pray that the love of my life will be safe and come home to me soon. And of course, I bake.....what else is a girl to do?



-HDB

No comments: