Saturday, July 17, 2010

Life actually does go on

These last couple of days I feel as though I have been attached by the finger tips to my computer. I don't want to clean, go to the bathroom, shop, eat, ANYTHING for fear that if I get up from my computer I'll miss a message or an e-mail from JCB. This is not how the next year of my life is going to be, is it?! It's not yet even been a week and I realize that life does go on. While part of me is missing right now, I still have a life to live...things to do. For one I have a 45lb pup that has to have someone to play with or he goes crazy. I really can't complain about Jones though. I know in some of my previous posts I may have complained about him driving me crazy but since JCB has been gone he has been an angel! An absolute perfect animal! I know people say that dogs can sense when something is wrong with their masters, but since I had never really experienced it I guess I didn't think it was true. But these last couple of days have proved me wrong. Not only do I have the most perfect animal to take care of, I have an amazing friend that could only have been sent to be from up above. Emmie and I met when her husband and JCB were in class together. (the time JCB and I met) I met her at a formal in June 09. You know how it is these days, you meet someone, spend a little time together, and you automatically have to be facebook friends. 7 months later, while catching up on facebook we realized we actually live in the same state....the same city of the same state.......God's plan or what?! Neither of us knew anyone else here and while being a newly married woman in a new town is fun and exciting, friends are always needed and welcomed! We have clung to each other and it keeps us sane! Now I must say, puppies are good, and so are friends, but the one important person you must have in your life is family. I have the most amazing family in the whole world. Not only have they called to check on me at the best times, but my wonderful sister sent me a great little package. It was very unexpected. I guess you can call it a survival kit for a newly single army wife. Bubble bath, oreos, nail polish, dog bones to keep Jones occupied while I'm having a moment, and a beautiful picture frame with me and my love in it. Needless to say it was so thoughtful, it brought me to tears.

All that being said, yes, I am sad and yes, there are times I feel like falling to the ground and balling my eyes out.....but the fact of the matter is, Life does go on! There is nothing you can do about. You have to get up every day and keep moving. One of JCB's favorite movie quotes is from Nemo...."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...." That's what I have to do, keep swimming. I know there is one of many people that can help me with that but the main one is Jesus....He is the only one that can really get me through the next year.

If you are a praying person reading this, I have a request. Please pray that I will remember that and turn to Him in everything! He is my strength and He can get me through.


This is the last photo we took together before he left!

That's all for now!
HDB

No comments: