Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wow.....slack much!!

November 29, 2009.....that was my last post....man I really stink at this blog thing.....there has been tons of stuff happen since the last time I was here.....let me catch you up!

December was a great month. I had a wonderful bridal shower the ladies in the choir threw me. I got tons of wonderful stuff for my future kitchen! The following weekend was our choir Christmas party, lots of yummy food and fellowship. The next was my last at work. I finished training my replacement and then ended the week with our Christmas production that included a song with Dad, sis and I.....so so much fun! I can't wait to sing with them again. Also that weekend, the man of my dreams came back into my life. JCB came home from his training in AZ and the first thing we did was got our marriage license!!!

December held two Christmases for us. We went down to Jax to be with his family the week of Christmas and had a wonderful time. It was fun to see what his family did every year and what their family traditions were!! However, I must say, not spending Christmas with my family was hard.....not something that I am used to. We heading back to GA for Christmas with my whole family. Then what happened next.........WE GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 1st, 2010 was the best day of my life, so far that is!! That is the day I married my knight in shining armor, my prince charming, the man of my dreams. I think you get the hint! :-) Let me just run you through the events of that day....

It all started at 5:30 am when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Not fun! Since I couldn't sleep any longer, I got up and showered and got ready. Had breakfast in bed with one of my bridesmaids thanks to my wonderful parents! Then it was off to the wedding location to finish putting the wedding cake together and finish the decorations before getting ready. We were supposed to leave at 9am and we did, until my friend got stuck in the ditch.......goodness! After my uncle and dad tried to get her out for 15 mins we were finally on our way. hehehe. As I was getting the cake finished my phone rang....I didn't know the number and almost didn't pick up but decided I should. And who was it......my really good friend who lives over seas. I haven't seen her in about 5 years and it was so exciting that she called me on my very special day! Such a wonderful surprise. After chatting with her for about 30 mins I thought I was behind schedule so then I started to rush just to find out, I had tons of time left! Our photographer showed up before the lady who was to do my hair and was ready to start photos........but I was no where close to being ready. I tried and tried to call the hair lady and finally 30 mins after she was supposed to be there she showed up. I'm not too upset now, but my hair looked great that day!! I am very happy about it! The one thing I wish I could have changed was the waiting....it felt that after I was ready and we were done with photos that I had to wait forever....I'm sure it was only 30 mins or so but still.....it was nerve racking. Especially with my lil sis getting sad that I was leaving...my emotions were going everywhere! Finally mom came in the room and said it was her turn to be seated, that meant I was next. That's when the butterflies started flying like crazy. But as soon as I saw my handsome husband to be...all that went away....all I could think was that I am the most lucky person in the world to have someone like him in my life, much less love me the way he does!! So after a very tearful giving the bride away thanks to the wonderful song my dad wrote for us, and a very hard unity candle to light thanks to all the wind, we were finally married. We said I Do, and gave each other rings we have had for months and we took our vows in front of our friends and family. It was absolutely wonderful! I had become a Mrs. just like that! On to more photos and a wonderful cake made by yours truly, then some dancing and the leaving.....that was the best part! We got to the hotel that night only to be called multiple times because they couldn't find the keys I gave back to my mother before the ceremony. My husband finally told me to turn off my phone.....that is one thing I just don't do....but let me tell you, it was so worth it! That was a day I will remember the rest of my life!

The next day we flew to CO for our week long honeymoon and that too was wonderful. It was great just to relax and do absolutely nothing. To have no schedule or to-do list to get done. Just relaxing with my new husband was amazing.

Since the honeymoon though, we have been on the go.....from going down to Jax to get all his stuff from his parents house and then to my house to get all my stuff and then the move to our new state....North Carolina. We have been living in a hotel for 3.5 weeks now and its......something I will never wish on anyone! haha. It has been very interesting and a learning experience, but come next weekend hopefully we will be in our own house. I real house without housekeepers and people in the room next to us. I can't wait! It has been a very long journey but I'm ready to settle down and enjoy my life in my house with my husband....does that make me sound selfish? Maybe, but it's all true!

This time I'll be signing differently because I am no longer HDW......

Til next time,
HDB

No comments: