Friday, February 26, 2010

Stupid Sweet Tea

So why am I awake at 1:11 am??????? If you are like me and caffeine keeps you awake at night, then you would agree with me when I say, "Stupid sweet tea....why are you so yummy but so mean to me??" If you haven't guessed it yet, I can't sleep because I had some sweet tea at dinner tonight......I've been in bed for over two hours now and still sleep will not come. Sad times! My wonderful husband on the other hand is passed out and has been for about two hours now....no matter what he drinks, the second his head hits the pillow, he is out! I wish that could be me! Oh well, I guess if I were smart enough I wouldn't do this to myself but it's just so yummy.

Anyways, since I'm up, let me update you on what's been going on. Lately, I have felt like the walls are caving in around me. Let's just say that hotel living is definitely not for me. This past month and a half has been super hard, we are just sitting in limbo and I am not very good at that. And to top it all off, JCB's boss is a work-a-holic and since he is the bosses right hand basically that means he has to be a work-a-holic too. At least sort of. I know he doesn't like it, but there have been several 12-14 hours days for him which leaves me all alone in the hotel with nothing to do, since we only have one car for the time being. This is no good for me. For those of you who know me, I love to do things. I can't stand just sitting around on my ba-donkey-donk doing nothing. So keeping me stowed up in a hotel room has not had a good effect on me. My poor husband has gotten the rough end of me lately too and I feel just awful about it.

All that being said, here is some good news.........are you ready......yesterday, February 25th, 2010, JCB and I closed on our first house!!!! That's right world, we are HOMEOWNERS!!!!! Only thing is, we have to wait until Monday to move in and even then. the hubby has to work so I have to do the moving in with some of his friends from college, which I am very thankful for, however, I just feel like this is something he should get to experience too. Oh well.......he will at least get to sleep in our house the first night with yours truly!!! I can't wait. There won't be anyone knocking at my door from people trying to kick me out to clean my room, no waiting to use the washer and dryer with the whole building, and no parking lot to try and find a parking space. It will just be me and my love and a whole bunch of amazingness!!

Speaking of our new little chapter in our lives, we will also be having an addition to the family. On the 13th we will get to pick up our first child.....ok ok not really a kid, but close enough. We will soon be the proud parents of a 7 week old chocolate lab named Jones!! We went to pick him our last week and met his real doggy dad and lets just say, he was a big energetic boy. JCB got a whole bunch of kisses from Bear! (that's the daddy if you couldn't figure it out!) Any ways, with the hubby deploying this summer he wanted me to have some kind of protection other than the alarm system in the house.....this is where Jones comes in, hopefully. :-)

We are so excited to start this new chapter in our lives. Maybe part of the reason I can't sleep tonight is because when I actually lay down to try and sleep my mind wonders to all the things I need to do from tearing down the awful wall paper in our new kitchen to re-doing the master bathroom and on top of that training a new little pup. I had a good long talk with Jesus earlier and even though I have a lot on my plate come Monday morning, all is going to be just fine! My God is bigger than any project I have and if I just lean on Him and trust that He is in control, what could go wrong?

Anyways, I guess I should try to get to sleep again.....hopefully I can get there this time. Just listening to the husband sleep is making me a little tired!

Til next time!

HDB

No comments: