Thursday, December 30, 2010

Truly Thankful

There are many things in life that we do not deserve, but for some reason, God wants to give us these things. We do not deserve good health, good friends, jobs, "toys", big houses, fancy food, love. Maybe we have earned the right to have some of the things mentioned, but think about it, do we really deserve what we have in life? If so, what have you done to deserve it?

I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I know I can surely speak for myself. I do not deserve all the many wonderful things God has blessed me with. A family who loves me, a dog that drives me crazy but doesn't like to be in a different room as me, health that has little problems, a house to shelter me from storms, a car to get me to and from "work", a job that I actually enjoy doing. All those things, I do not deserve, however, He blessed me with one more that I am truly grateful for, a husband, that despite all my wrong doings, all my attitude and pride, all my shame and goods and bads, a husband, who loves me for just who I am, no matter what. Why?! What have I done to get an amazing man like him? Please if someone knows the true reason, tell me. I am not worthy of the amazingness that is my husband. I thank God every night before I go to sleep for him and ask Him to please watch over him as we are apart. I hate to think what my life would be like right now without the man of my dreams.

Lord, I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. Thank you for the husband you have given me. Thank you for creating a man that loves me for who I am no matter what. I do not deserve it, but I do so very much thank You for it!

~HDB

No comments: